|2013 Fall Camporee, Oct 2nd - 4th|
Theme: Search and Rescue Theme
What: Great Rivers District 2013 Fall Camporee
Where: Phillippo Scout Reservation
When: Friday October 4 – Sunday October 6
Host: Troop 113
Your experience will begin the minute you arrive at the parking lot.
If you have questions on the event you can contact Terry Spawn (651) 338-9607 or by email at email@example.com
Scouts can complete the new Search and Rescue merit badge at the camporee if they participate in all the day’s events plus complete the online training for ICS-100, Introduction to Incident Command System. To receive credit, each scout should print out the certificate of completion for the training and bring it to the camporee. The online training is available at http://emilms.fema.gov/IS100b/index.htm
|Invite for Council Pinewood Race|For those advancing to the council Pinewood derby race, CLICK HERE for the invite for the race.
|2013 Webelos Experience|
HEY WEBELOS! HERE’S SOMETHING REALLY BIG TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR. IT’S THE 2013 WEBELOS EXPERIENCE
- When: October 5 – 6, 2013
- Where: Stearns Scout Camp, Annandale, MN
- Who: ALL Webelos Scouts (both 1st and 2nd year) & Parents
This weekend campout will be the HIGHLIGHT of your Cub Scout career! There will be a HUGE game area, lots of exhibits, and MORE! You’ll also be able to participate in many different activity badge demonstrations and attend a STUPENDOUS STAGE SHOW with FANTASTIC FIREWORKS on Saturday night. WATCH for more details…but…RESERVE THE DATE NOW!
Contact WebelosExperience@Comcast.net to receive updates ... AND – CHECK IT OUT ON FACEBOOK ... DON’T MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT
|Community Service Award|
Service is a part of the Journey to Excellence program. The Council Community Service Award is a new award offered by Northern Star Council. The purpose of the Council Community Service Award is twofold:
- To promote character-building and citizenship in Scouts and Scouters who realize their responsibility to service their city, state and nation, both individually and through group effort; and
- To recognize Scout and Scouters who provide certain levels of community service measured by hours performed in such service.
This Award is for all Scouts and Scouters at all levels, and honors cumulative service. It is not expected to be a “one and done” award. Requirements for earning the new Community Service Award Patch and ordering procedures are included on this link.
|District Cookout and Recognition|
Great Rivers District 3rd Annual Event Combining Volunteer Recognition and Outdoor Cooking!
- When: Thursday, May 9th, 2013, one week after the May Roundtable.
- Who: Great Rivers District Scouters and their families
- What: A combination of outdoor cooking demonstrations by District Scouters and a recognition program for the great accomplishments by many of the Scouters in the District. We will also recognize the Eagle Scout Class of 2012.
- Awards will include:
- Distinguished Unit Scouter
- District Award of Merit
- Carl Kaeple District Service Award
- Partners for Youth Award.
- Where: Tartan Park Pavilion #1 up on top of the hill.
- Cooking starts any time after 5:00
- Social Hour and grazing: 6:00 – 7:00
- Recognition Program: 7:00 – 8:00
- Cost: FREE! However, we do encourage you to show off your outdoor cooking skills or bring a little something to share. In addition, it would be helpful if you would be generous enough to buy a few raffle tickets to help cover the costs of this event. Items to be raffled will be on display on the Great Rivers District website.
- Don’t forget your scout bucks!!! There will be a silent-auction to spend all of your Scout Bucks that you have earned over the year
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO